If you are interested in volunteering with this year Toronto Pride 2013, click here.
This site is a little bit about me and how I got the nick name NewfieBear. Where I got the name from is simple. I am originally from Newfoundland. The nick name for a person from Newfoundland is Newfie and I got the bear from the Gay Bear community. I consider myself the bear type of guy. Hence the website name NewfieBear.net.
This site is a free information base for all Men Who Have Sex With Men regarding Sexual Health, Community Support, Living with HIV and External Information Links . There are also some links regarding sexually adventurous men who are into some kinky sexual acts.
This Webpage Contains Explicit Adult Material! The following website links, images and videos, display sexually explicit material. Only consenting adults are authorized beyond this page. If you are a minor (under the age of 18 years old or 21 years old where 18 isn't the legal age of majority), if sexually explicit material offends you or if it's illegal to view such material in your community. CLICK HERE TO EXIT NOW!
Feel free to come back and visit NewfieBear.net anytime it's updated every two weeks.
|Cam Image from ntv.ca/cams
Site of the legendary George Street Festival
|Cam Image from ntv.ca/cams
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
- The first picture is of George Street in St. John's Newfoundland. The entire street is all bars. It's know for it's pub crawls. It's also know for the yearly George Street Festival.
- The second picture is over looking the beautiful city of Corner Brook, Newfoundland. It's the place where NewfieBear was born. It's a great place to visit and the sites are breath taking.
- The third picture is of downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is know for it's diversity. Lots of exciting things happen in Toronto year round.
- The meaning behind the acronym LGBTQIA:
- Lesbian – A female- identified person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to another female-identified person.
- Gay – A male-identified person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to another male-identified person.
- Bisexual – A person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to both men and women.
- Transgender – A person who is a member of a gender other than that expected based on anatomical sex.
- Queer – An umbrella term which embraces a variety of sexual preferences, orientations, and habits of those who do not adhere to the heterosexual and cisgender majority. The term queer includes, but is not exclusive to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transpeople, and intersex persons, traditionally, this term is derogatory and hurtful, however, many people who do not adhere to sexual and/or gender norms use it to self-identify in a positive way.
- Intersex – Someone who’s physical sex characteristics are not categorized as exclusively male or exclusively female.
- Asexual – A person who is not attracted to anyone, or a person who does not have a sexual orientation.
- Ally – A person who does not identify as LGBTQIA, but supports the rights and safety of those who do
Information Source: http://www.nytimes.com/
There is also a more inclusive version of the LGBTQIA acronym which is LGBTTIQQ2SA--this one goes this way: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited and Allies... For more details click here.
"Gay Men Creating Community".
They have developed a workshop series course called
"Gay Men's Validation Workshop Series".
Last updated: Sunday, May 19th, 2013 at 2:41 p.m. EST