Translate into any language
Here is how I got the nick name NewfieBear. Where I got the name from is simple. I am originally from Newfoundland. The nick name for a person from Newfoundland is Newfie and I got the bear from the Gay Bear community. I consider myself the bear type of guy. Hence the website name NewfieBear.net. I choose net as an extension because I want it to be a free network of information for guys who identify as Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning or Allies.
This site is a free information base regarding Sexual Health, Community Support, Living with HIV and External Information Links . There are also some links regarding sexually adventurous men who are into some kinky sexual acts. Along with information regarding MSM Oral Health, Oral Techniques and a few other miscellaneous items.
This Webpage Contains Explicit Adult Material! The following website links, images and videos, display sexually explicit material. Only consenting adults are authorized beyond this page. If you are a minor (under the age of 18 years old or 21 years old where 18 isn't the legal age of majority), if sexually explicit material offends you or if it's illegal to view such material in your community. CLICK HERE TO EXIT NOW!
Feel free to come back and visit NewfieBear.net anytime it's updated every three weeks.
|Cam Image from ntv.ca/cams
Site of the legendary George Street Festival
|Cam Image from ntv.ca/cams
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
- The first picture is of George Street in St. John's Newfoundland. The entire street hosts different bars/pubs. It's known for it's pub crawls and the yearly George Street Festival, which is held at the end of August each year.
- The second picture is over looking the beautiful city of Corner Brook, Newfoundland. It's the place where NewfieBear was born. It's a great place to visit and the sites are breath taking.
- The third picture is of downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is know for it's diversity. Lots of exciting things happen in Toronto year round.
- The meaning behind the acronym LGBTQIA:
- Lesbian - A female- identified person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to another female-identified person.
- Gay - A male-identified person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to another male-identified person.
- Bisexual - A person who is attracted romantically, physically, or emotionally to both men and women.
- Transgender - A person who is a member of a gender other than that expected based on anatomical sex.
- Queer - An umbrella term which embraces a variety of sexual preferences, orientations, and habits of those who do not adhere to the heterosexual and cisgender majority. The term queer includes, but is not exclusive to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transpeople, and intersex persons, traditionally, this term is derogatory and hurtful, however, many people who do not adhere to sexual and/or gender norms use it to self-identify in a positive way.
- Intersex - Someone who's physical sex characteristics are not categorized as exclusively male or exclusively female.
- Asexual - A person who is not attracted to anyone, or a person who does not have a sexual orientation.
- Ally - A person who does not identify as LGBTQIA, but supports the rights and safety of those who do
Information Source: http://www.nytimes.com/
There is also a more inclusive version of the LGBTQIA acronym which is LGBTTIQQ2SA--this one goes this way: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited and Allies... For more details click here.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 26st, 2015 at 11:55 a.m. EST